Registrations for full time Kindergarten to Grade 9 programs with Burnaby Online for the upcoming school year will be processed during the week of August 24, 2020. If you are interested in learning with Burnaby Online please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- your name
- phone number
- email address
- student’s name
- grade the student will be in
- catchment school (school student would normally attend in September)
Registration for all other secondary courses are currently being processed.
**Note: In most cases, secondary students will be in their course and may begin working within two weeks after registration. Kindergarten to Grade 9 programs begin in September.
Effective September 1, 2017, the Ministry of Education will now provide funding for the following courses to school districts for tuition-free upgrading for adults who already hold a high school diploma.
If you have graduated and plan to upgrade any of the following courses there will no longer be a fee.
Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 11
Foundations of Math 11
Foundations of Math 12
Please be aware that a fee will have to be paid for any courses not listed above once all registration information is submitted.
Burnaby Online accepts registrations from the following students:
- Full-time Grades K – 12 (must not be attending any other school and do not have to live in district)
- Part-time secondary school students who wish to take grade 10, 11 or 12 courses (secondary students who want to take extra courses – they do not have to live in district)
- Part-time Grade 8 – 9 students who do not attend a Burnaby public school
- Adults (19 years old or over) and ungraduated (Click here for Adult Grad Information)
- Adults who have graduated must pay a fee for any course not listed above. The current fee is $550 plus a $100 book deposit, if applicable. If you are graduated and were born before July 1, 2001 you will have to pay the fee.
- International students with a valid secondary school study permit must pay the international student fee, which is currently $900 per course plus a $100 book deposit, if applicable. We are unable to enrol students who hold post secondary study permits.
Students in the following categories can register but there are systematic requirements:
- Part-time out of district Grades K – 7. Requirement: Can register as long as Burnaby Online is their only enrolled learning institution. Cannot be registered at any other school in British Columbia.
- Students who attend a Burnaby public school and wish to take a Grade 8 or 9 course: speak to your counsellor at your home school for permission to take a course at Burnaby Online – permission will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.
If you have questions, please call us at 604.296.6940, ext. 0
We have a Challenge Math 8 program for in district Grade 7 students but it has rigorous guidelines for inclusion.
Register in 3 easy steps
** Please do not register for courses until you are ready to start working in them. There is an expectation that a certain amount of work be completed and submitted within 30 days of enrolling, if it is not submitted, you may be withdrawn from the the course.
***The Introductory ASL and ASL courses are now full and we currently have a list of students waiting to be added to the course. No further registrations are being taken at this time. If you select Introductory ASL or ASL when registering, you will be declined for the course at this time as we are no longer adding to our current wait list. When the current wait list is reduced, we will update this posting to indicate registrations are being accepted for these courses again.
- K – Gr 7 Students – Contact the appropriate Teacher for your child’s grade. (Elementary Teacher Contact Information)
- Gr 8-12 Courses – Skip to Step 2
- Collect all required supporting documents if you are not currently a Burnaby Public School Student. (Required supporting documentation)
***The Introductory ASL and ASL courses are now full and we currently have a list of students waiting to be added to the courses. No further registrations are being taken at this time. If you select Introductory ASL or ASL when registering, you will be declined for the course at this time as we are no longer adding to our current wait list. When the current wait list is reduced, we will update this posting to indicate registrations are being accepted for these courses again.
- Complete our online registration form. Click on the following link. Register Now
Keep in mind that registration acceptance only moves the registrant to the review stage, it does not guarantee entrance into our program. We advise adding burnabyschools.ca to your safe senders list in your email to avoid having our emails to you go into your SPAM folder.
Final approval and entrance will be granted:
- Once our counsellor and SBRT team review all pertinent files and paperwork and
- If the student learning style fits the online learning profile, and
- Once any applicable course fees are paid