January 3, 2023
Registration for K-9 courses is now closed for the 2022-2023 school year
- If you have any questions or concerns, please email our Vice-Principal, Heather Watson at email@example.com.
Registration is open for all Grade 10-12, 10 month courses
- In order to register in an online course, you must first withdraw from the requested course at your home school if it is on your schedule for the 2022-23 school year
Effective September 1, 2017, the Ministry of Education will now provide funding for the following courses to school districts for tuition-free upgrading for adults who already hold a high school diploma.
If you have graduated and plan to upgrade any of the following courses there will no longer be a fee.
English Studies 11 – all
Workplace Math 11
Foundations of Math 11
Life Sciences 11
English Studies 12
Foundations of Math 12
Anatomy and Human Physiology 12
Please be aware that a fee will have to be paid for any courses not listed above once all registration information is submitted.
Burnaby Online accepts registrations from the following students:
- Full-time Grades K – 12 (must not be attending any other school and do not have to live in district)
- Part-time secondary school students who wish to take grade 10, 11 or 12 courses (secondary students who want to take extra courses – they do not have to live in district)
- Adults (19 years old or over) and ungraduated (Click here for Adult Grad Information)
- Adults who have graduated must pay a fee for any course not listed above. The current fee is $550 plus a $100 book deposit, if applicable. If you are graduated and were born before July 1, 2003, you will have to pay the fee.
- International students with a valid secondary school study permit, attending Burnaby schools, must pay the international student fee, which is currently $1000 per course (plus a $100 book deposit, if applicable). We are unable to enrol students who hold post secondary study permits.
Students in the following categories can register but there are systematic requirements:
- Students who attend a Burnaby public school and wish to take a Grade 8 or 9 course: speak to your counsellor at your home school for permission to take a course at Burnaby Online – permission will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.
If you have questions, please call us at 604.296.6940, ext. 0
Register in 3 easy steps
** Please do not register for courses until you are ready to start working in them. There is an expectation that a certain amount of work be completed and submitted within 30 days of enrolling. If it is not submitted, you may be withdrawn from the course.
- K – Gr 9 Students – Registration is now closed for Gr K-9 courses
- Gr 10-12 Courses – Skip to Step 2
- Collect all required supporting documents if you are not currently registered in a Burnaby Public School. (Required supporting documentation)
**There may be a waitlist for Introductory ASL and ASL courses. If you register now, you will be added to those on the waitlist and we will contact you as space becomes available.
Registration is now closed for our K-9 courses that started in September 2022:
- Please email our Vice-Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Burnaby Online Registration is open for Gr 10-12 courses.
- Click on the following link to Register Now
Keep in mind that registration acceptance only moves the registrant to the review stage, it does not guarantee entrance into our program. We advise adding burnabyschools.ca to your safe senders list in your email to avoid having our emails to you go into your SPAM or Junk folder.
Final approval and entrance will be granted:
- once our counsellor and SBRT team review all pertinent files and paperwork and
- if the student learning style fits the online learning profile, and
- once any applicable course fees are paid