Nov 25, 2020
Burnaby Online Secondary Program – Registration is closed for all courses GRADE 8-12
- Burnaby Online is currently at capacity
- Registrations for Quarter 2 will no longer be accepted
- A wait list will be created at each Burnaby Secondary school for students wishing to enroll at Burnaby Online for their Quarter 3 and 4 home school courses (enrollment for Feb 2021 on)
- Please see your home school counsellor for registrations from Burnaby schools
- Concerns about enrollment for anyone other than Burnaby School District students, please email our Burnaby Online Counsellor, Melody Thomson at Melody.Thomson@burnabyschools.ca
Burnaby Online Elementary Program – Registration is closed
- For Burnaby School District families: The At Home Learning Program K-7 is at capacity and therefore no longer accepting registrations. Please contact your home school Principal regarding access to the Waitlist. If you require additional information about At Home Learning, please email Vice Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Out of District families: Our online learning classes are at capacity. We will not be able to register more students at this time.
Effective September 1, 2017, the Ministry of Education will now provide funding for the following courses to school districts for tuition-free upgrading for adults who already hold a high school diploma.
If you have graduated and plan to upgrade any of the following courses there will no longer be a fee.
Workplace Math 11
Foundations of Math 11
Life Sciences 11
Foundations of Math 12
Anatomy and Human Physiology 12
Please be aware that a fee will have to be paid for any courses not listed above once all registration information is submitted.
Burnaby Online accepts registrations from the following students:
- Full-time Grades K – 12 (must not be attending any other school and do not have to live in district)
- Part-time secondary school students who wish to take grade 10, 11 or 12 courses (secondary students who want to take extra courses – they do not have to live in district)
- Part-time Grade 8 – 9 students who do not attend a Burnaby public school
- Adults (19 years old or over) and ungraduated (Click here for Adult Grad Information)
- Adults who have graduated must pay a fee for any course not listed above. The current fee is $550 plus a $100 book deposit, if applicable. If you are graduated and were born before July 1, 2001 you will have to pay the fee.
- International students with a valid secondary school study permit must pay the international student fee, which is currently $900 per course plus a $100 book deposit, if applicable. We are unable to enrol students who hold post secondary study permits.
Students in the following categories can register but there are systematic requirements:
- Students who attend a Burnaby public school and wish to take a Grade 8 or 9 course: speak to your counsellor at your home school for permission to take a course at Burnaby Online – permission will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.
If you have questions, please call us at 604.296.6940, ext. 0
We have a Challenge Math 8 program for in district Grade 7 students but it has rigorous guidelines for inclusion.
Register in 3 easy steps
** Please do not register for courses until you are ready to start working in them. There is an expectation that a certain amount of work be completed and submitted within 30 days of enrolling, if it is not submitted, you may be withdrawn from the the course.
***There is currently a waitlist for Introductory ASL and ASL courses. As students complete the course we will be filling vacant seats by contacting those on the waitlist. Registering now will get you added to the waitlist and we will contact you as space becomes available.
- K – Gr 7 Students – Contact the appropriate Teacher for your child’s grade.
- Gr 8-12 Courses – Skip to Step 2
- Collect all required supporting documents if you are not currently a Burnaby Public School Student. (Required supporting documentation)
***There is currently a waitlist for Introductory ASL and ASL courses. As students complete the course we will be filling vacant seats by contacting those on the waitlist. If you register now, you will be added to those on the waitlist and we will contact you as space becomes available.
- Complete our online registration form. Click on the following link. Register Now
Keep in mind that registration acceptance only moves the registrant to the review stage, it does not guarantee entrance into our program. We advise adding burnabyschools.ca to your safe senders list in your email to avoid having our emails to you go into your SPAM folder.
Final approval and entrance will be granted:
- Once our counsellor and SBRT team review all pertinent files and paperwork and
- If the student learning style fits the online learning profile, and
- Once any applicable course fees are paid