June 1, 2023
Registration for K-9 Full-Time students for the 2023-2024 school year is now open
- You will first be required to complete and submit a Program Acknowledgement Form before being able to proceed to the registration page.
- Please read through the list of required supporting documents before beginning the registration
Registration is open for all 10 month courses for Grade 10-12 courses
- In order to register in an online course, you must first withdraw from the requested course at your home school if it is on your current schedule for the 2022-23 school year
Registration for Gr 10-12 Summer completion courses is now open.
These courses are intended for students who plan to complete the course during the summer
- Career Life Education 10 – Aug Completion – Aug 8 completion with set due dates for assignment submissions
20th Century World History 12 – Aug Completion– FULL Art Studio 11 – Aug Completion– FULL BC First Peoples 12 – Aug Completion– FULL Contemporary Indigenous Studies 12 – Aug Completion– FULL Éducation au Choix de Carrière et de Vie 10 – Aug Completion (CLE 10 in French)– FULL French 11 – Aug Completion– FULL Photography 12 – Aug Completion– FULL Physical and Health Education 10 – Aug Completion– FULL Physical Geography 12 – Aug Completion– FULL Introductory Italian 11 – Aug Completion– FULL Introductory Spanish 11 – Aug Completion– FULL Spanish 10 – Aug Completion– FULL Spanish 11 – Aug Completion– FULL Spanish 12 – Aug Completion– FULL
Ensure you choose the course ending with AUGUST COMPLETION if registering for a summer course. All other courses are 10 month courses and are not available as summer completion courses.
Effective September 1, 2017, the Ministry of Education will now provide funding for the following courses to school districts for tuition-free upgrading for adults who already hold a high school diploma.
If you have graduated and plan to upgrade any of the following courses there is no fee for the course.
English Studies 11 – all
Workplace Math 11
Foundations of Math 11
Life Sciences 11
English Studies 12
Foundations of Math 12
Anatomy and Human Physiology 12
Please be aware that a fee will have to be paid for any courses not listed above once all registration information is submitted.
Burnaby Online accepts registrations from the following students:
- Full-time Grades K – 12 (must not be attending any other school and do not have to live in district)
- Part-time secondary school students who wish to take grade 10, 11 or 12 courses (secondary students who want to take extra courses – they do not have to live in district)
- Adults (19 years old or over) and ungraduated (Click here for Adult Grad Information)
- Adults who have graduated must pay a fee for any course not listed above. The current fee is $550 plus a $100 book deposit, if applicable. If you are graduated and were born before July 1, 2003, you will have to pay the fee.
- International students with a valid secondary school study permit, attending Burnaby schools, must pay the international student fee, which is currently $1000 per course (plus a $100 book deposit, if applicable). We are unable to enrol students who hold post secondary study permits.
Students in the following categories can register but there are systematic requirements:
- Students who attend a Burnaby public school and wish to take a Grade 8 or 9 course: speak to your counsellor at your home school for permission to take a course at Burnaby Online – permission will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.
If you have questions, please call us at 604.296.6940, ext. 0
Register in 3 easy steps
** Please do not register for courses until you are ready to start working in them. There is an expectation that a certain amount of work be completed and submitted within 30 days of enrolling. If it is not submitted, you may be withdrawn from the course.
- K – Gr 9 Full-Time Students – Please complete the Program Acknowledgement Form by clicking this link: Program Acknowledgement Form Continue to Step 2 if you have already completed this form. Note that this is registration for the 2023-2024 school year with a September start.
- Gr 10-12 Courses – Skip to Step 2
- Collect all required supporting documents if you are registering to be a full-time Gr K-12 Burnaby Online student or you are registering for a partial program and you are not currently registered in a Burnaby Public School. (Required supporting documentation)
**There may be a waitlist for Introductory ASL and ASL courses. If you register now and there is a waitlist, you will be added to the waitlist and we will contact you as space becomes available.
Registration is now open for Gr K-9 full-time students for September 2023 start:
- Click on the following link to Register Now. Go back to Step 1 to complete the Program Acknowledgement form if it has not been completed.
Burnaby Online Registration is open for Gr 10-12 courses, including Summer Completion courses.
- Click on the following link to Register Now
Keep in mind that registration acceptance only moves the registrant to the review stage, it does not guarantee entrance into our program. We advise adding burnabyschools.ca to your safe senders list in your email to avoid having our emails to you go into your SPAM or Junk folder.
Final approval and entrance will be granted:
- once our counsellor and SBRT team review all pertinent files and paperwork and
- if the student learning style fits the online learning profile, and
- once any applicable course fees are paid