The Ministry of Education will now provide funding for the following courses to school districts for tuition-free upgrading for adults who already hold a high school diploma.
If you have graduated and plan to upgrade any of the following courses there will no longer be a fee.
English 11 (five course options)
Workplace Math 11
Foundations of Math 11
Life Sciences 11 (formerly Biology 11)
English Studies 12
Foundations of Math 12
Anatomy and Physiology 12 (Biology 12)
.Please be aware that a fee will have to be paid by graduated adults for any courses not listed above once all registration information is submitted.
Burnaby Online accepts registrations from the following students:
- Full-time Grades K – 12 (must not be attending any other school and do not have to live in district)
- Part-time secondary school students who wish to take grade 10, 11 or 12 courses (secondary students who want to take extra courses – they do not have to live in district)
- Part-time Grade 8 – 9 students who do not attend a Burnaby public school
- Adults (19 years old or over), graduated and ungraduated (Click here for Adult Grad Information)
- Adults who have graduated must pay a fee for any course not listed above. The current fee is $550 plus a book deposit ($100 or $200), if applicable. If you are graduated and were born before July 1, 1999 you will have to pay the fee to take any course not listed above.
- International students with a valid secondary school study permit must pay the international student fee, which is currently $900 per course plus a book deposit ($100 or $200), if applicable. We are unable to enrol students who hold post secondary study permits.
Students in the following categories can register but there are systematic requirements:
- Part-time out of district Grades K – 7. Requirement: Can register as long as Burnaby Online is their only enrolled learning institution. Cannot be registered at any other school in British Columbia.
- Students who attend a Burnaby public school and wish to take a Grade 8 or 9 course: speak to your counsellor at your home school for permission to take a course at Burnaby Online – permission will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.
Prior to registering, see more information about course offerings.
If you have questions, please call us at 604-296-6940, ext 0.
We have a Challenge Math 8 program for in district Grade 7 students but it has rigorous guidelines for inclusion.
Register in 3 easy steps
- K – Gr 7 Students – Contact the appropriate Teacher for your child’s grade. (Elementary Teacher Contact Information)
- Gr 8-12 Courses – Skip to Step 2
- Collect all required supporting documents if you are not currently a Burnaby Public School Student. (Required supporting documentation)
- Complete our online registration form. Click on the following link. Register Now
Keep in mind that registration acceptance only moves the registrant to the review stage, it does not guarantee entrance into our program. We advise adding burnabyschools.ca to your safe senders list in your email to avoid having our emails to you go into your SPAM folder.
Final approval and entrance will be granted:
- Once our counsellor reviews all pertinent files and paperwork and
- If the student learning style fits the online learning profile, and
- Once any applicable course fees are paid