We are happy to announce that term report cards for most Burnaby Online students will be published and made accessible digitally via the My Education portal rather than being printed and mailed home. The second term report card will be published and available March 13, 2019 at 3:00 pm. Students and parents will each have their own logins for accessing and viewing the report cards. If your homeschool already uses the portal for report cards, you will be able to use your existing login to see the Burnaby Online report card when it is published. For those with Burnaby Online as their homeschool, login information was emailed to you in December.
A link to the MyED Portal login and links to parent and student instructions for using the portal can be found to the right. Please call the Burnaby Online office if you have any issues accessing your child’s marks.
Registration for August completion courses is now open for those interested in completing a course quickly. We will be offering Career Life Education 10, L’Éducation À La Vie Professionnelle 10 (CLE 10 in French), Physical and Health Education 10, 20th Century World History 12, Physical Geography 12, Intro italian 11, and French 11 with August completion as an option. When registering you can now choose between August completion and 10 month completion for each of these courses.
Both Career Life Education 10 and L’Éducation À La Vie Professionnelle 10 will have two August Completion options:
– Completion by August 7 with due dates for each assignment (more structured completion method)
-Completion by Sept 1, no set due dates (more flexibility to complete at own pace).
The CLE and FCLE courses will be open for students to start working at Spring Break. All other August completion courses will have a mid-June 2019 course start date (when the student will have access to the coursework). They can register in early March and their teacher will message as to when they have access to the course material.
- If you are an Elementary student, please follow the directions given to you by your teacher to access your courses
- If you are taking FRENCH 10, 11 or 12 OR SPANISH 9 or 12, go to the following website: www.burnabyonlinecourses.com
- If you just enrolled in most Grade 10 courses, FRENCH 8, or 9, Intro Italian 11, Global and Intercultural Experience 12 OR Entrepreneurship 12, you will receive an email from SFU Canvas (email@example.com) inviting you to join the course. For instructions on how to proceed once you receive the invitation follow the instructions shown on the following site (https://online.burnabyschools.ca/sfu-canvas)
- ALL other courses can be found on the website: www.burnabyonlinecourses.ca
A recent funding announcement from the Ministry of Education means that graduated adults can now take selected upgrading courses tuition free. This new policy took effect September 1, 2017.
Adults who have already graduated from high school (in BC or anywhere in the world) can take the following courses to refresh their knowledge or upgrade their marks before applying to college or university.
Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 11
Foundations of Math 11
Communications 12 (enrolment closes June 2019, must be completed June 2020)
Foundations of Math 12
8580 16th Ave, Burnaby V3N 1S6
(in Cariboo Hill Secondary)
REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
Mon – Fri 9:00 am – 3:45 pm
Mon – Fri 9:00 am – 2:45 pm